These two waterfalls are situated at the base of Rinjani Mount, which is the tallest mountain in Lombok. You can take in the protected scenery that is a part of Mount Rinjani National Park as you make your way to the waterfalls. In Senaru Village, tropical trees predominate. Locals claim that Tiu Kelep's name originates from the Sasak language. Tiu denotes a pool, and Kelep denotes a fly. While Sendang Gile is based on a fable of a prince who was pursued by a ferocious lion. He entered a forest and took cover behind a waterfall. Then, this waterfall was known as Sendang Gile.
- Bottled water
- Entrance Ticket
- Air-conditioned vehicle.
- Private transportation
- Personal Needs
- Tips for the crew
There must be a minimum of Two participants for this activity.
Details of pickup :
We will pick Up you from|To your Place on Senggigi, Mataram and
Bangsal Areas. Please write down your Area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour activity.
- Only your group will participate.
- There must be a minimum of four 2 participants for this activity.
Policy on Cancellations:
- For a complete refund, you may cancel up to 24 hours before the experience.
- You must cancel at least 24 hours prior to the experience's start time to receive a complete refund.
- You won't get your money back if you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience begins.
- Less than 24 hours before to the experience's start time, any changes cannot be made.
- Cutoffs are determined by the experience's local time.
- Good weather is necessary for this encounter.
- You will be given the option of an alternate date or a full refund if it is postponed because of bad weather.
Tiu Kelep is a beautiful waterfall located within the Mount Rinjani National Park on the island of Lombok, Indonesia. It's a popular destination for trekkers who are exploring the area around Mount Rinjani. The waterfall is renowned for its natural beauty and refreshing pool, making it a great spot for a cooling dip after a long trek. Here's some information about Tiu Kelep waterfall:
1. Location: Tiu Kelep waterfall is situated in the northern part of Lombok, within the Senaru village area. It's a part of the Mount Rinjani National Park.
2. Access: The waterfall is usually reached as part of a trekking expedition to Mount Rinjani. Trekkers often begin their journey from Senaru village, where they can arrange for guides, permits, and other necessary arrangements.
3. Trekking to Tiu Kelep: The trek to Tiu Kelep waterfall involves a hike through lush forests, rice fields, and river crossings. It's a moderately challenging trek, so wearing appropriate hiking gear and being physically prepared is important. The journey to the waterfall is an adventure in itself, with beautiful scenery along the way.
4. Waterfall Experience: Tiu Kelep is a two-tiered waterfall surrounded by lush greenery and rocky cliffs. The lower tier of the waterfall features a wide, powerful cascade, while the upper tier has a more serene, gentle flow. The pool at the base of the waterfall is inviting and offers a refreshing place to swim and cool off.
5. Culture and Myths: Tiu Kelep waterfall holds cultural significance for the Sasak people of Lombok. According to local beliefs, the waterfall is considered sacred, and there are myths and legends associated with it. Local guides often share these stories with trekkers.
6. Local Guides: It's recommended to hire a local guide when visiting Tiu Kelep waterfall, especially if you're not familiar with the area. Guides are knowledgeable about the terrain, can provide valuable insights into the local culture and history, and ensure your safety during the trek.
7. Responsible Tourism: Like other natural attractions, it's important to practice responsible tourism when visiting Tiu Kelep waterfall. Respect the environment, follow the guidance of your guide, and refrain from leaving any waste behind.
8. Weather Considerations: The weather in the region can be unpredictable, so it's a good idea to be prepared for changing conditions. Bring appropriate clothing, footwear, and any necessary gear for the trek.
9. Trekking Permits: Since Tiu Kelep is within the Mount Rinjani National Park, you'll likely need to obtain trekking permits before embarking on the journey. These permits contribute to the conservation and management of the park
If you have any questions, please contact us.